Know Your Counterpart Before You Commit Yourself - Doing Business in Eastern Europe
Presented by: Peter Kirchikov
Goal: assisting companies, organizations and individuals to grow their cross-cultural and international capital
One-on-one and "train the trainer" training.
Tailor, reformat, customize and rearrange your current/existing marketing materials and product brochures to fit into the international market
Help gain international exposure to new markets and increase your profit
This seminar is an in-depth analysis of the current economic, political, market, legal and cultural trends in Central-Eastern Europe and the former Soviet Union. This class is designed for the U.S. companies considering to do business or are already doing business in the CIS(Commonwealth of Independent States) and Central- Eastern Europe and exploring the business opportunities in the above-specified region. It is a must for entrepreneurs, professionals, executives and management levels both of small business companies and corporations.
- Business etiquette and protocol of doing business/ business practices in Russia, Ukraine, Latvia, Lithuania, Belarus, Bulgaria, other former Soviet and East European countries.
- Briefing on a specific country, country background, history, geography, cultural orientation, form of government.
- The art of negotiation: strategies and tools.
- Protocol: title/forms of address, greetings, communication and good speaker and communicator skills, body language, eye contact, etc.
- Dress code/office attire.
- Eating etiquette, dining out, gourmet food vs. fast food, restaurants, night clubs, etc. Visiting a family for a dinner.
- " Blat", i.e., connections, clout, authority, power, gifts, bribery, etc.
- The Russian View: the way Russians see Russia.
- Dealing with absenteeism and underperformance.
- Handling bureaucracy, force major, corruption and other critical situations.
- Overcoming language barrier. Russian language crash course.
- Visit to the theater, other kinds of entertainment.
- Dealing with crime, credit card fraud, safety concerns, etc.
- Know Russian Orthodox and other religious traditions.
- Official national and religious holidays, traditions and celebrations.
- Social etiquette, marriage, civil and church wedding traditions,etc.
- Being interviewed by the media: pro-government and/or oppositional.
- The V.V. Putin Administration, March 2008 presidential elections and the future of Russia.
- How to succeed in doing business there.
- Using public transportation: metro(subway), city bus, electric bus/trolley bus, street car, etc.
- Ethnic issues, ethnicity considerations and historical background of such issues.
Duration: All day/ Five one–hour sessions
My name is Peter Kirchikov and I have started a new initiative called
S.U.N., Save Ukraine Now!
Our goals are to help Ukraine in their war against Russia's war and invasion against Ukraine, to help survive the war, and to rebuild Ukraine after the war.
Glory to Ukraine!
Glory to the Heroes!
Ukraine will prevail!
Please contact me at:
Pray For Ukraine
Welcome to PeterKirchikov.com!
Multilingual translation, editing, proofreading, backediting, indexing, fact-checking, etc.
Languages: English, Russian, Bulgarian, Ukrainian, etc.
Certified, accredited and approved linguist.
Regular Legal Contributing Lexicographer to Black’s Law Dictionary, major legal authority in the U.S.A., used in the legal community worldwide.
Peter Kirchikov is a Linguistic Quality Assurance Editor with a multinational corporation headquartered in the U.S.A., an experienced multilingual interpreter, translator, lexicographer, instructor, writer, paralegal (ABA-approved school) and Rotarian (Vestavia Rotary Club). Formerly with Berlitz International Interpretation Services, UAB (University of Alabama in Birmingham) and Birmingham-Southern College, Peter claims Birmingham, Alabama as his home.
Winner -2008 Alabama Media Professionals Contest Award, First Place For Web Content Written for Corporate or For- Profit Sites
2012 - Alabama Media Professionals Communications Contest - Honorable Mention - Encyclopedic Dictionary of World War II
2012 - Alabama Media Professionals Communications Contest - Honorable Mention - Social Media Glossary
Professional affiliations: PHI BETA DELTA Honor Society for International Scholars, member since 1992
Please select the links above to learn more about our services and classes.
» Contact us here.